Monday, January 5, 2009

A day at the park with a Panasonic DMC-LS80






















I went to the park a few days ago with the niece of my late girlfriend and her family visiting from the west coast. In my pocket went the LS80 too. I only took a few stills with it because my intention was to take videos with it. It did a fine job with the videos of which I had to convert their apple quicktime codec into a mpeg 2 mode to burn to a dvd which was succesful. I made copies for all family members concerned including myself. I am very pleased with the still results too. This camera shoots very similar to the famous TZ5 which cost many dollars more; oh, i would not mind having the TZ5, but the LS80 is the poor mans TZ5. It may not say Leica on the front of the camera but it is shooting like a Leica.
If I were to compare it to a film camera or better still to film that I have used in the past, it would be similar to Agfachome of Germany that I used in the 1960s as against Kodachrome.

No comments: